Monday, January 28, 2013

Good bye 2012, Hello 2013


Time just keeps slipping by. Second by second. Minute by minute. Hour by hour. Day by day. Week by week. Month by month. Since my last post in August of 2012, life through us a wrench that we were not ready to grab. It makes you stop and thank God for watching over our loved ones in times of need. When we are busy in our lives, God is there watching over others. When we are not with them, HE is there. On September 18, 2012 my husband was on his way home from Hershey, Pa at a RV show, he was just inside of New York, and about an hour and a half from home. I had spoken to him 8 minutes before OUR lives changed that day, and things will never be the same again. He wrecked. I got a call from the EMT telling me my husband had been in a car wreck. My heart sank deep into my chest. I could not breathe, I could not think. Was he alive, what happened? I panicked. He said he just has a broke leg, I was so freaking out that they put him on the phone with me. My husband being my husband would not let me know if things were worst. We hung up and I was making phone calls to the few people I knew in New York, we had not been here long. The kids had just started school like 2 weeks when this took place. I had to drive 2 hrs to Sayra Pa, to the trauma center. It was cold, rainy, and foggy. I am thinking ok, I will drive down pick him up. Its just a broke leg, they will have him in a cast ready to come home by the time I get there. At least that is what I am thinking the whole 2 hrs of being alone. No family here and hanging onto the mercy of others I just met in July.  I was into the ER and life just stood still. I saw my husband laying in this bed. His arms, his legs, his face, his hands all bloody. His left side of his face swollen bloody, gashes everywhere. I was shown his ex rays of his broken femur. I was told he is going to have to have surgery. The surgery will take about 4 hours. I had to put on my big girl pants in front of my husband. I could not show any fear. I have to be the strong one. I was with him until they rolled him into surgery. I walked to my car and just broke down. I prayed to God to help me through this because I was so afraid. My children are going to be picked up from home and I am not there, they knew dad was coming home today and he is not there. I need strength and help through this. Tracy has always been the strong one, and got our family through things. Now, its all on my shoulders, and I just wanted to sit and cry. I had nobody there with me. I was all alone in a strange town and my kids were 2 hours away with no idea of how our lives have just changed.

No comments:

Post a Comment